Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bleeding Orange!

You Might just assume that this is all about KTM but my color of choice for many years has been Orange. As it all started with my learning to drive a Kenworth when I was 11 years old and the truck was the prettiest semi on the road, yes it was bright hugger orange and when I got the chance to slide over in the drivers seat I was proud as a boy could be until I would miss a gear with the 2 stick and have to slide back over to the passenger seat. The Orange appeal would continue with my first rig, it was a Datsun Pic Um Up yes that's what the custom pin stripper wrote on the bright orange fancy little truck that was all pimped out from the truck shop crew where I was still working. To this day old school friends still remember that truck and yes the crazy kid wheeling it around always with a dirt bike in the back. I have ridden and raced all the popular brands of bikes over the years and always thought which ever bike I was on was the best and fastest of course, with age comes a little wisdom and came to the realization that all dirt bikes can bugger a guy up pretty bad and so you better figure out your skills and try mastering them before whiskey throttling any of them. My first KTM was a 94 440 2-stroke and man was this thing was a hand full and still is today needless to say the technology in dirt bikes has come a long way since then and all the newer bikes are wonderful to ride and race but my heart has always stayed Orange. When deciding which brand to offer our customers for their Baja experience with us it was an easy decision to go KTM for the reasoning that they have made the necessary changes to become a leader in most disciplines of racing and winning along the way as well. When KTM decided to put a big effort in Baja which has been owned by other brands it was an easy decision to be different than other Baja tour companies and go with those beautiful orange color bikes and be proud of it. The KTM's of today are so enjoyable and easy to ride as well race like no other I can't imagine them taking any steps backwards. Therefor I am feeling very good with all my orange around me for many years to come satisfying all that ride and my satisfaction sticking to my true orange blood lines, I just hope I don't bleed out anytime soon!


Speaking of Orange I promised some views of Baja life and this Blog is a special focus on Mango Madness yes we have an abundance of mango's here and they are absolutely superb fresh of the trees. To be honest I never cared for mango's much when you get them in the states they sometimes are good most times the flavor was so so and mealy texture was a turn off so I usually would skip them over. Down here in LB these things are so incredible you start the day off with a Mango smoothie made with combination of Mango, Papaya, Banana, Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Pineapple whichever is fresh and desired, throw in some yogurt and you start the day off Orange Ready!. After a great day in Baja it is awesome to finish up with a Mango Margarita blended with a good Anejo Tequila, Controy liquor a couple fresh li'mons garnish with paprika and man o man they are so good but you only are allowed 2 as you really don't taste the Tequila so you don't want to get too Mango Eyed and spoil your next perfect day in Baja. One last mention of the Mango's then they will be gone so while they are fresh I use them in Ceviche, Sushi rolls, Salsa, and afterwords I have a stash in the freezer that make a incredible Mango Sorbet for desert.



Ride, Eat, Bleed Orange
Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment